Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One of those moments .....

This afternoon Emma & Kailee were upstairs cleaning their room. After a while Kailee came downstairs and told me she needed to tell me something. So I asked her, "good or bad" and she said, she wasn't sure how I was going to react.

She told me that Christopher (in her class) asked her today during play time to be her girlfriend!! I asked her what she said and she told me very matter of fact that she said she had to think about it! I thought that was PERFECT. I was so proud of her. I was even more proud that she felt confident enough to speak to her sister about it, and then Emma told her she should talk to me.

I am so happy and proud of them. In the end we talked some more about it and she told me that when she thinks about Christopher saying those words she gets nervous and excited at the same time, so I explained to her that those are good feelings. She sat around and thought about it some more and then decided that she will say Yes to being Christopher's girlfriend!!

I think it's so sweet and funny at the same time. I can only hope and pray that when this happens again 10 years from now that she will still have the confidence to tell a boy who asks her out that she needs to think about it first and then come home and talk to me and Emma about it.

This was one of those moments that make it all worth while.

Here's a picture of Christopher & Kailee:



No comments: