Monday, August 31, 2009

10 days until school

Seriously? I cannot believe it, 10 more days and both girls will be in school. We are still waiting on the letters to come in the mail with all the info but we were able to get some details on line and we were also able to meet both girls teachers and see their classrooms last Monday when I went for a meeting regarding Kailee's therapy.

Kai will have to be re-evaluated but they do not foresee any issues with her therapy continuing. Although I see an incredible improvement I still see problems. I hope she will continue to get better, but I know that by being in school every day and receivin therapy on top of that she will be just fine. I'm a little worried about her in general, about her listening and following instructions, and paying attention and not acting out. She will be going in the morning and her teacher's name is Mrs. Stone.

Emma is going to be going full day! I still cannot wrap my head around that fact. 8:30-2:30!! Lunch out. That is going to be a huge problem for my picky horrible eater, but I guess we will deal with it one day at a time. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Palisay and I fell in love with her on the spot. Her classroom is huge and has lots of neat stuff, she's going to have library, computers, spanish and art.

I am a little worried about her also of course but not as much as I am about Kailee, I know deep down inside that they will be fine. I will be able to go out now and meet other mom's and children in the neighborhood so that will be great for me also, I am looking forward to the routine and comfort that going to school brings by filling up the days and making sure I am up and out and about.

No comments: