Sunday, September 6, 2009

The past is still present

Sometimes it's so hard for me to see the past when I look at the girls, I just see today and maybe every now and then I get a glimpse of the future, but last night, I was lying in bed nursing Gabby, and Emma was lying next to me, drinking juice, holding my hand and watching The Sound of Music (which sparks memories of my childhood no matter how many times I watch it).

Anyway, for more than a few minutes, I was looking up at Emma and I saw the baby she used to be, her innocence, her vulnerability, her ability to be a child in awe of a great movie and holding on to her Mom's hand. It was an incredible moment for me, and it made me think of a specific picture of her, that I have located yet, but see if you can see the little girl in the big girl or or the big girl in the little one and let me know what you think!

No comments: