Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010





I remember years ago looking forward to Memorial Day weekend. I couldn't wait for the start of summer. The beach, the suntan lotion, hanging with friends or just enjoying a good book. The 3 day weekend.

Then I had the girls and it changed. All the things I loved, I now dreaded. The sunscreen times 3 kids, worrying about insects, eating sand, getting stung or sunburned, not liking the beach or the water. And not getting to sit in my chair in the sun reading a book or taking a nap. It was no longer fun.

This weekend though it started to reverse again, and it was fun. I filled up the kiddie pool and cleaned off the toys, I sunscreened all four of us and out to the yard we headed. We only last an hour and a half, which for me is a record since I've had the kids. (Gabby is not really thrilled with walking in the grass or a pool filled with cold water, but I'm guessing by the end of the summer that will not be the case).



Emma & Kailee had fun in the pool and I enjoyed swinging on the big double swing with Gabby next to me, and can you believe it? People magazine and I got to read a few pages of it!!

I loved them being babies but each day as they grow and get more independent I love the ages that they are at. Some days it's really hard to have two independent school kids and a toddler who doesn't talk but on the whole it's pretty good.

Emma made breakfast for us this morning while I was outside cleaning the pool toys. She made us each a waffle and toasted them (twice) and put butter on them so it was ready and waiting for me when I got inside. It was so sweet!

And to top it off, Emma lost her 3rd tooth. I have one crying from teething and one loosing teeth at the same rate!

No comments: