Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/09 - What A Day for the First Day of School!

This date can't be forgotten! It's so easy to always remember the girls first day of school. The girls were up really early and were so excited! It was fun. Lou went in late so we drove. A lot of the streets are closed because everyone walks to school! There are crossing guards everywhere and even police cars.



It was a difficult morning for me! I'd rather it that way anyway. The girls line up outside in two seperate areas, very far away from one another, it was crappy that I had to choose who I stood with, so Lou stayed with Emma and I went with Kailee. I felt really bad but I thought that since Kailee had never gone to school it was more important for me to be with her, Emma was sad but she was okay. Kai was nervous and my stomach was in knots!



Luckily Kailee went into the building and I was able to run across the school yard to see Emma walk into her classroom. I don't know how I am going to do it tomorrow by myself, I hate to think of Emma all alone but I know in a few short days that she will be telling me it's okay to leave.



Kailee only had school for an hour today, she came out with a smile on her face and some paper work in her back pack, nothing exciting just some papers for me to fill out. She said she played in the kitchen and got to wear bride dress up shoes. I am wondering if there was more but she isn't sharing right now, hopefully she will tell Emma or Munya or Papa later. We'll see.



Well I'm glad to say that it's almost 2:00! In 40 minutes all my babies will be back in my arms! I can't wait to see Emma!! Emma had a good day, she enjoyed meeting the new students and having lunch in the cafeteria and then playing outside. I don't get much information as to what they did that day, so I will leave it alone and keep my ears open for when they talk to each other or to others in general.

Tomorrow we get to do it again! Pictures to come, camera is still in the car.

No comments: