Monday, March 2, 2009

Makes My Monday - A Rare Snow Day

So the forecast was surprisingly correct! I was up this morning at 5 to feed the baby and decided to wait around and check out the news, prepared to make the decision that Emma would not be going to school today, therefore missing her first day of school, which just saddened my heart, I mean this kid even got sick during spring break and didn't miss school, how can she miss her first day because of snow.








To my massive surprise at exactly 6:00 this morning, the news came through that schools were closed! I was over joyed! This is the first time in 5 years that schools were closed, and God only knows how many years it was before that, that schools were closed. If schools closed 3 times during my entire education it was a lot. Leave the 5 boroughs and schools close that many times in a month, let alone two decades. Needless to say, this makes my Monday!




Lou took the pictures while he shoveled, cause I wasn't going out there, not even to play, I'm not big on snow, and if the girls didn't ask, I wasn't offering, my goodness it's March for crying out loud!!

Check out twinfatuation.blogspot.com for more Makes My Monday posts, or to add one of your own!

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

That is WONDERFUL coincidence! :)
Hoping she feels MUCH better by the next school day!

Your happy snow (and our happy snow!) Makes My Monday!

thanks for playing along!

Claremont First Ward said...

It doesn't seem right to be getting snow in March.......:)