Saturday, January 10, 2009

7 Weeks, Play Dates, & Smiles

Well the past two days have been so much fun! We had a couple of rough days before this, but yesterday and today have been full of smiles, gurgles, and a few coos! The smiles keep coming and Gabrielle is really starting to interact.

She is reaching for her mobile on her bouncy seat, reaching towards me and the girls, and is full of smiles. We had our 6 week check up yesterday, and Gabrielle is now 9 pounds 11 ounces, and 21 inches long. Dr. Shen said she is gaining weight appropriately for a breast fed baby. She had to get two vaccinations and took them like a champ without even crying. It was much more painful for me and the girls to watch, but we all gave her lots of kisses and cuddles when it was all over.

Yesterday we went to see Maryann, Nicholas and Marco. The boys loved having us over and the girls had a wonderful time. Marco was bending over in his exersaucer to see Gabrielle sitting in her car seat, and Nicholas was so sweet to her and kept fixing her socks! It was so sweet! I have tons of pictures to share.

After our play date we took the girls to DaVinci for pizza with Grandma Louise. It was a long day and everyone was sound a sleep when we got home. Gabrielle woke up and was up for about an 45 minutes without fussing or crying she was just sitting with me and Lou smiling and we even got a couple of coos.

I cannot believe that 7 weeks have passed already. Time goes so fast and there is no way to slow it down, so I have done the best I can to document it, and remember it, and most importantly enjoy it, beore I know it she will be running around with the rest of the gang.

Right now it's snowing - Papa you are so lucky you are in Florida!!! Emma went back to school on Monday and we had a play date with Emmanuel and Christian on Thursday, it was a wonderfully busy and productive week! I was even able to get a lot of things done in the house, of course there's always more to do, but so is life!

Michelle had her sonogram this week, and I am going to have a newphew!!! Only Twinkie A was cooperative, so Lou and I are still waiting to find out what our Godchild maybe, but we know for sure that the streak of girls has been broken and we will finally have a little boy to join the crew! I'm so excited and cannot wait until her next sonogram on February 3, I sure hope Twinkie B is in the mood to let us know if it's a boy or a girl!!

No comments: