Friday, February 6, 2009

Catching Up

Well another crazy cold week is behind us. Thank God! This was an okay week. Not much sleep for Gabrielle and I. I stayed home on Monday and Tuesday, I even skipped out on taking the girls to dance since Lou was home, I took advantage of it, and cleaned the kitchen while they bigger girls were out.

It's been so cold and we had another marathon event of getting everyone in the car and buckled on Wednesday when both passenger side doors were frozen shut, yet again. This is insane and I'm killing my back by climbing over seats, but I am determined to get Emma to school, and that's the price we have to pay.

On Wednesday Gabrielle was so cranky, all day long, all she did was nurse. I'm exhausted. In a rare break from nursing that day, I asked Emma to make her laugh, not thinking it would happen, but it did! Emma was the first person to actually make her laugh out loud, several times! It was so funny. Of course it hasn't happened again since but it was great to see. That was the beginning of bonding for them, in my opinion. I also have noticed that Gabrielle is straining herself to see where her sisters are when she's hears their voices, it's so cute.

Gabrielle also had some good play gym time this week without crying, she also was able to scoot herself all the way off of it and onto the carpet, she doesn't stay still, she's been trying to turn over from back to belly for a couple of weeks already. She wants in on the action!

I can't believe 11 weeks have past since she was born, and Sunday is Christening day. We have a busy day today, we have Kailee's evaluation meeting and will find out what type of early intervention O.T. she will recieve. I wonder where this path will lead us. Munya is coming with us. Papa is back from Florida, so we will see him tomorrow. The girls can't wait.

And of course this week brought the great news that Aunt Meshell's twins are a boy and a girl. I'm so beyond excited to have a niece and a nephew and a God-daughter! I am forever blessed with girls in my life! I can't wait for sleepovers with all the girl cousins later down the road. I'm sure it's going to take a long time for Michelle to share those babies with me over night, I will gladly patiently wait! Emma & Kailee are sleeping over her house next Friday!

I'll update again after the Christening!

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Awwwwww, congrats on the boy/girl pair on the way! (I'm a bit partial to b/g sets myself! ;) )
She'll share....maybe not overnight for a while, but she'll share! ;)

Threeundertwo said...

I can't believe you can pack all the kids in with the doors frozen shut! Good job!

I remember those nursing marathon days. Keep your chin up.

Your girls are adorable!