Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday

  1. The ability to maneuver myself to climb over the front seats of my car, carry the baby carrier, pass Emma & Kailee over the seats and buckle everyone in safely, because the passenger side doors are frozen shut and won't open, with 3 minutes to get to school.
  2. Good friends, who allow me to just pull up in the parking lot of school, take Emma out of the car for me and walk her into and out of school, so I never have to get out of the car and walk Gabrielle & Emma up the hill in the freezing cold.
  3. An empty dishwasher and an empty sink. Doesn't happen very often but when it does, I'm amazed.
  4. Blogging Community. It is so nice to read about other people in the same situation, and know that I am not alone.
  5. A good book. The sense of peace it brings, gives me the strength to take care of the other stuff.
  6. Time. Wether it be not enough or too much, at least we have it.
  7. A lucky break. Last night Kailee slammed her head into the wall, and Emma slammed her finger in the dresser drawer. Luckily they were both cured with hugs, kisses, and boo bunnies filled with ice cubes.
  8. A niece & a nephew at the same time. I went from having none to being blessed with both. I am counting the days until they are here.
  9. My girls. They drive me crazy but I love them so much.
  10. A house to live in for however long we can, at least for today we are here.

To see more Thanksgiving Thursdays or to play along yourself, visit Nicole at What a Trip!

4 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Great list! How awesome that your friend helps you out like that in the car pool lane at school. What a HUGE blessing!

Thanks for joining in and Happy Thanksgiving Thursday!

Cheryl Lage said...

Great things to be thankful for! :)
Glad all injuries were rapidly healed! (We've had nights like those too!)

Tracy said...

What a great list...I have a feeling I should get some of those boo bunnies. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It means a lot.

Tim said...

great list Lori, I loved it!

Love and Prayers,

Tim