Friday, February 20, 2009

Gabrielle Michelle's Christening - Picture HEAVY!!

Add Image
We baptized Gabby on Sunday, February 8th. We were blessed with a beautiful warm February day, which is a truly rare thing here. I couldn't have asked for a better situation. I was prepared for a freezing cold day and possibly snow. Needless to say we were super lucky!

Aunt Michelle & Chris got here nice and early so we were able to open her presents and take our time getting her dressed. She got a nice bath, then we nursed and started getting dressed.

Here is her beautiful ensamble all layed out before we dressed her. The dress started with me 37 years ago in 1972, then Emma in 2004, and Kailee in 2005, and now Gabrielle in 2009. It is amazing they do not make dresses like that anymore. Sadly the pictures do not do it justice. I asked my mother if she had any pictures of me wearing it because I want to put each of us in a frame wearing the dress.


And of course here are Emma & Kailee's beautiful dresses. They were both so sweet, Kailee carried her own pocketbook (which came in handy later, when everyone felt obligated to put money in it, thank you all!), and Emma brought her own camera and took pictures!!

Kailee & Emma's outfits:

Michelle & Chris did a beautiful job getting her dressed. She cried a bit but they got the job done, and then they put her cross on and Munya added her new bracelet.




With baptizing Emma and Kailee previously we had more than 10 babies at the same time and being blessed with a last name that starts with a V we are always last and it was very uncomfortable and rushed. This time was so much better, and this time we were first!

It was a great ceremony very relaxed. Emma and Kailee were SO GOOD!! They did not need to be told to be quiet or sit still or anything. They were amazing. Gabby cried for most of the ceremony, but I held her and sang to her and quieted her down and she then slept through the actual baptism which was fine.






After church we headed to a great Italian restaurant for a wonderful supper. It was absolutely fantastic. Great food, great company, great family and friends. Again Emma and Kailee were truly fantastic. They had they best time and were superbly behaved I was amazed.


Aunt Carol & Gabby:



Aunt Amy & Uncle Vin:
Our delicious cake:
Godparents & Parents:
These are the beautiful favors that were left in the car. I am so bummed that I forgot to give them out personally. I have since mailed them with everyone's thank you cards. I hope you all enjoy them.

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Oh my gosh! That smiling picture with the bonnet on is worth a million! What an adorable baby! Congratulations on a wonderful Christening!

Lori said...

I agree, the bonnet picture is adorable! It looks like it was a very happy day.
Awesome name!
(visited through SITS)