Monday, February 16, 2009

Kailee


Okay, so last Friday - February 6th, we had our meeting about Kailee receiving OT. Lou took the day off and my mom came with us also. It worked out better than we could have expected. It only took about 1/2 hour which was great also.


Kailee was okayed for General Education with related services, which is fantastic. That means she will go to school next year in the same school as Emma for Pre-K but she will recieve the added help that she needs.


She is going to receive OT for gross/fine motor skills. I am so relieved!! She was approved for 1/2 two times per week for 1 year! Her progress will be followed and re-evaluated as necessary. I'm so happy. I was also able to find a place for her to go not at all far from the house but the hours are going to be a bit stressful. She will go on Tuesdays from 8:30-9:00, and in between that I have to drop Emma off at school, and on Thursdays she is going to go from 9:00-9:30, the schedule will change in July. I'm concerned about the Tuesday class becasue I need to have Emma at school at 8:45, if Kai needs me for any reason Emma will be late. All I can do is try it out, these are the only available times at this center.


If I am not comfortable with the times I will ask for another time or I will change centers, all I can do is have an open mind. Kailee is not looking forward to going, and I'm surprised becasue she has wanted to go to school for so long since Emma started, but again, only time will tell!

1 comment:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Wow! That's great progress! I think the education stuff is perfect!

Ps. could she be any cuter!?!?