Monday, February 9, 2009

Makes My Monday - Pizza Lunch




Every Monday before dancing school, the girls and I and sometimes Lou have lunch at the pizzeria. I was so not in the mood for it today. I tried to avoid it, but it was a nagging inside of me that could not, not do it. We've done it every week since September. It's become "our thing" and at least I know that my picky eaters will eat something, and eat all of it.


Needless to say, today was the best pizza Monday for us. Why? Not sure exactly, but the girls and I had such a great conversation. There was no yelling, no whining, no crying. The only thing that happened was conversation!! Real true interesting conversation. It was simple really, for 45 minutes we just sat there and took turns telling each other what kinds of foods we liked and disliked. It was great. Emma told me that when she turns 5 she promises she will like all the foods she doesn't like now. Should I hold my breathe?

For more Makes My Monday visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

2 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Don't hold your breath, but it does get better. My picky-eater son now eats sushi and all sorts of things.

Sounds like a nice lunch!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh how wonderful! The idea of a peaceful, conversational girls' luch sounds simply lovely...on a Monday or anyday! :)

Thanks so much for playing along!
(and no, sadly, I don't think you should hold your breath..... ;) )